"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Friday, November 9, 2012

Humbling Experiences: Honored & Asked To Write/Recite A Personalized Poem For Our 50th Anniversary #Alpha


This past weekend I attended my alma mater, Norfolk State Univerty's Homecoming and while there my frat brothers and I celebrated 50 years of service and brotherhood. On Friday, we enjoyed an amazing banquet where I was recognized as an honoree. I was very proud to be recognized in that way by my chapter brothers from years past, my line brothers, and brothers who have come after me ...truly an honor. Also, some months prior to this event, my brother, Bradford Hardy, requested that I write a poem that personalized poem that personified our chapter's history. I gladlly accepted. All of the brothers were instrumental in the development of this poem entitled, "50 Years In Counting." I asked everyone to contribute an ism, phrase, and/or memory from their time period that clearly describes or relates to our chapter. Everyone did and I was able to take all of what they contributed and conjure up a poem that everyone could be proud of.

I am so very proud to have been accepted and apart of a chapter that is notorious for their service and compassion for others!





Until next time, pursue your passion because I'm pursuing mine!

Christoph Writes...

"If my words have the ability to develop wings of encouragement, I hope they take flight in someone's life." ~Christoph Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...