"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In Pursuit of Passion: Leave A Legacy! "Reasons"

Life has become more and more perishable as of late.  It's beginning to seem as if our friends, family members, and public figures are transitioning on at younger ages.  R.I.P. Whitney Houston & Don Cornelius. Just this year, as new as it is, I've experienced the loss of a GREAT friend, Justin Izlar (read his story), who I grew up with in church.  We were on the same church step team as pre-teens.  Justin found out he had cancer at the age of 18, during his freshman year at Coppin State University.  Despite the rigorous and trying trials cancer  brings along with it, Justin still persevered with the help of his family, church family, frat brothers (Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.), and God, Himself.  He accomplished one of his greatest goals before he passed; he graduated college and EARNED his degree while battling cancer.

The reason for this post and the TRUE inspiration behind me starting this blog is ...I DISCOVERED MY PASSION FOR WRITING as a direct result of the LEGACY Justin left behind.  The legacy that this young man of God labored to leave has blessed not only my life but so many other's lives.  To catch a glimpse of the legacy he left behind, please visit the blog I created for him called Justin Touched Me.  Leading up to his homegoing and even after, we had people email us stories and testimonies about how Justin touched their lives.  Before the blog was even designed, people he impacted flooded the inbox.

I'll say this again ...I DISCOVERED MY PASSION FOR WRITING because I witnessed, first hand, how many people Justin touched through out his life.  Not one of the stories were written out of pity because he had cancer.  You could feel the sincerity and fallen tears in their writings.

After 29 years of searching high and low for what some people take a lifetime to discover, I found my passion because I asked myself this question ...IF YOU KNEW THAT YOU HAD A SHORT TIME TO LIVE, HOW WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR LEGACY? ...HOW WOULD YOU TOUCH PEOPLE'S LIVES IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME???"  I knew right then and there that writing would be the avenue I would take to reach people; it always has been; ever since I started writing in the 1st grade.

I'm a realist ...and I've come to realize that no one is guaranteed a long life.  This is why I've decided to live every day as it were my last...because one day it just might and this blog will be the documentation of the legacy I leave.

"I will...

Write from my heart
Write from my soul...
Make the best of my talent
And won't Ever let it go
Not for anything..."

Until next time...continue to Pursue Your Passion!

Christoph Writes...

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Being driven by our passions is a rewarding experience when coupled with knowing the will of God for our lives. How awesome that you have discovered a way not only to leave a legacy but to have an impact on the world. I hope the words of your heart continue to touch, encourage, an heal this generation and many to come. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading and for your generous comment. I truly appreciate it. Comments like yours encourages me to continue to stick to pursuing my passion. I'm so passion driven right now. And yes, I am so happy that my passion is coupled with my desire to leave a lasting legacy because they feed off each other.

      I hope that you subscribe and become an avid reader of this blog...and be apart of my legacy.

      Christoph Writes...

      Delete
  2. It's always the most painful thing to lose the people closest to us, but how comforting to know that their ups and downs inspires us to truly live passionately?! Wonderful post, continue to write from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! That is wonderful thing about life, it's not a straight line. It's a full circle. This is why I feel so strongly about leaving a lasting legacy...for the generations to come. Transcendence! Thank you for coming by. Login and lets stay connected. I'll be around your area in a short while. Thanks again.

      Christoph Writes...

      Delete

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...