"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why I Write: There Is Power In Words!

I have many reasons for why I write...and maybe if I share with you the reasons why I write...you'll get inspired...to write as well! I write to express my feelings...because...I feel I write better than I speak.  OK, I said it! Writing allows me to think before I speak because I know first hand that there is power in words.. Many people do not realize the power of the tongue, the words that we speak, and the impact that it has on our lives and the lives of those around us. In the book of Proverbs, we are told that words can bring life or death to us.

 “A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruits of his mouth; from the produce of his lips he shall be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (NKJV Proverbs 18:20-21)

Writing affords me the ability correct mistakes before they are noticed by the reader or if read aloud...by the listener.  You will never read the sound "um" in my writing...unless I ask you to edit one of my rough drafts and you see a word, phrase, or sentence with a line through it that signifies the need of a correction.  I write because I can utilize tools like a thesaurus to find better words to use to make me sound even more intelligent. You're guilty of it too! :)  I write to make room for more thoughts and ideas. I wrote a poem that spoke to this and it starts off like this...

"My mind is a canister filled with ink/ My thoughts take a timid dip the moment I think of my potential/ The pen is the preferred utensil/ The use of a pencil would lead to the temptation to erase the tread marks of my thoughts/ I cannot risk forgetting the lessons that I was taught"
 I'll post the entire poem soon enough.  Until next time...continue to pursue your passions!


Christoph Writes...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...