"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Friday, March 9, 2012

Exercising My Passion: A Bond Between Bro. Martin Luther King, Jr & Myself


Bro. Martin Luther King, Jr., (bottom far right)
Boston University
Sigma Chapter
Line #5
Spring 1952
May 13, 1952

I've been searching my old blog and I came across a post with this pic of my fraternity brother, Bro.Martin Luther King, Jr. when he just crossed into the "House of Alpha" (became a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.).  I've always wondered why I never could find any pics or anything that really validated his membership. Well, after the ceremony of the showing of the MLK monument that our illustrious fraternity spearheaded, BET put together a short documentary of Bro. King as an Alpha.  I was completely amazed as I'm sure a lot of people were. (Video below)

Look at these brothers, above! They are clean! Bro. King had to be like 18 when he crossed. Look at 'em cheesin.' He looks so excited! Wow! I feel so proud right now, just knowing that he and I have something so dear to us in common. It means a lot to me to know that Alpha has impacted our lives and had a big hand in grooming us to be the men we've come to be. Absolutely amazing!

Looking at Bro.King smile so proudly makes me recollect the feelings I had when I crossed. Sharing something so dear to me with the man who, without a doubt, is one of the main reasons African Americans are accepted the way we are today is just...uplifting!
To be an Alpha Man!
Brotherhood of MLK



Brothers From Across The World Singing the Fraternity Hymn at the Bro. King's Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...