"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Praise Report: Evidence Of God's Love...Overseas!


All of my family and friends know already that about 5 years ago I moved to Seoul, South Korea for a year to teach English as a Second Language.  While I was there I blogged about my experiences to chronicle my time there and to keep my loved ones aware of my well-being (My Korean Experience).  Living in an unfamiliar place away from family (especially overseas), you pray that nothing bad happens while you're away for obvious reasons.  Well, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine and fellow Alum of Norfolk State University inquired about overseas travel and living abroad.  Recently, she made the decision to go ahead, be fearless and take the leap of faith by accepting a teaching position in Abu Dhabi.  She was so happy and I was happy for her because I knew how much fun she would have.  She was enjoying herself until something unfortunate happened and this is why some people are so apprehensive about traveling and living overseas sometimes.  This is what happened...
"On Thursday night, I was attacked. I came to Dubai with some friends and we went out. A guy was sitting in a chair and got up and walked away. When he left, I sat down. He came back expecting for me to get up and started to glare at me. I did not say anything or even look at him. I continued to speak to my friend who was next to me.
He kept moving closer to me and had his foot against mine. I moved my feet. A few seconds later, as he was walking away, he kicked me. I got up to confront him and he took the glass he was drinking out of and hit me in my face with it. It broke. There was a lot of commotion. I was then taken to the hospital when I got stitches for a cut under my eye. I was then transferred to another hospital where I underwent surgery. The doctor said something about a cat eye.
The next day, I saw the doctor. She said that there was a long cut on my eyeball that they sewed up. They don't know how deep it is or if there are glass particles inside. She said because I could see light, there is a chance of regaining my sight, but I have to get a retina scan for the retina team to get their opinion tomorrow afternoon (Sunday). There is blood on my eye that is blocking my vision and that will take some time to absorb. 
My lens is clear, my cornea is good, retina is good, and interior of eye is good. In the posterior of my eye, there is hemorrhage in the vitreous gel. I will continue taking antibiotics to prevent infection and they will do another ultrasound tomorrow. I'm praying y'all and prayer changes things. I'm just trusting in my amazing and magnificent God."
Pita Gay posted this message on Facebook and her family, friends, and all of NSU began to pray.  Pita Gay also posted this appeal concerning the bill for the immediate surgery that she needed because her insurance didn't cover the surgery (EVERYONE, PLEASE GO OUT AND VOTE...FOR OBAMA!).  Here is the appeal below.


Before I knew it, my timeline and my instagram blew up because our NSU family showed up and showed out with support.  People were reposting and sharing and liking and most importantly donating.  Her hospital bill was $10,000!  A few days later, I was on Instagram and I saw these pics below from Ms. Pita Gay herself.




And then the next day, I saw this...

"Because of you, I was able to be discharged and cover my bill. The hospital gave me a discount that brought the bill down to $6800 and your donations and generosity covered $3000 of it. I cannot verbalize how thankful I am to you ALL. Here is the low down on my eyes: No bleeding under retina, but there is 5% behind, but not center and will absorb over time.
Retina was incarcerated where the glass ...
went it, so they had to cut it to release it and the reattach. They put oil in my eye as a weight to keep the retina pushed again the cell wall and stabilize. I must keep my Head down for two weeks.
They had to Remove lens because there was blood and gel stuck on it. After retina is stabilized, they will insert a silicone lens. Retina looks stable now. Vision will improve with time. 6 weeks more info. There was no scarring on the table. The amount of scarring determines the percentage of vision I will regain. They will know more after 6 weeks or so. I can see a little bit from the front now although it is blurry. The doctor wants to see me next Monday. I was discharged today."
The evidence of God's love is so clear in this situation. Even in this horrid economy, people sacrificed to help someone in need! I pray that Pita Gay continues to enjoy her stay in Abu Dhabi...I'm sure she will because the favor of God is on her life. She remained filled with faith and she prayed daily!

Thank you, NSU! Behold the Green & Gold!
See you at Homecoming 2012!!!

Until next time, continue to be a blessing in someone's life!

Christoph Writes...
"If my words have the ability to develop wings of encouragement, I hope they take flight in someone's life." ~Christoph Jenkins

2 comments:

  1. Great post Christoph!

    -Ashley Bush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ashley. Thanks for reading/visiting. Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...