"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Live, Love, Laugh: "To be loved...Oh what a feeling!!!"

Shannon's FB status after receiving her flowers: ...so blessed to have a man in my life that understands its the small things that matter the most...like remembering my favorite type flower. Happy Anniversary Baby! You're the bestest! Lol
— with Christoph Writes.
Exactly 3 years ago today, I traditionally asked my fiance if she would consider being my significant other...my girlfriend.  Well, it went something like that.  Here's how it really went down.  Shannon and I met on August 6th of '08 and we both knew we were interested in one another from the start.  We'd go out on dates and hang out...I liked her a lot.  However, after learning from past relationships, we both felt it be wise if we resisted the obvious attraction between us and develop and maintain a friendship that would prove to be a testament of exercising patience.


So we continued to just being friends; not expressing the obvious feelings we had for one another.  It wasn't the easiest thing to do but it was the best thing to do.  There was no rush to become anything more than friends.  Nine months passed buy rather quickly because we were having so much fun together and because she was in school during this time.  March of '09 arrived and I had been waiting for a call from an employer; the employer who I currently work for.  I finally received a call from them and they told me that i got the job!  I was so excited because I had been out of work for a little while due to the failing economy.  Shannon and I decided to go out to celebrate a new beginning career-wise.  Little did she know that it would be a new beginning for us too.  We went to Busboys and Poets on 14th St. in North West D.C.  It was poetry night.  They have poetry night on Tuesdays and Fridays.  That was our spot then.  We ate and listened to the featured poets. The night was coming to an end.  I don't remember exactly what I said to preface this but it was at that moment that I told her that I loved her for the very first time.  She was speechless...until she replied with lthe same.  We then shared our very first kiss.

We left out of the restaurant and, without warning, I yelled out what Eddie Murphy sang out in "Coming To America" when he kissed Lisa McDowell for the first time.  "To be loved...Oh what a feeling!!!" lol.  We got in the car and I drove back to my grandmother's house where we left her car; to drive one car.  I walked her to her car and as I turned around to head back to my car, she says, "This does mean we're girlfriend and boyfriend, right???"  I forgot to actually ask her the most important question. lol.  Hilarious!

Fast forward to today, I surprised Shannon by sending her an arrangement of her favorite flowers, tulips, to her job!  She had no idea!  Below, you'll see how surprised she was in our conversation on gchat.

Shannon:  YOU SENT ME FLOWERS!!!!
 me:  muah!!!
 Shannon:  Thank you baby!
 me:  i love you baby!!!
 Shannon:  I love you!
 me blooming and everything
 Shannon:  yeppers
they are gorg
 me:  great baby
glad u like them
im still spontaneous lol
 Shannon:  I love them
 me:  i love you
 Shannon:  so thoughtful
I wasn't expected them
 me:  i know lol
 Shannon:  good job
go team!
lol
 me:  lol
Until next time...continue to pursue your passions!

Christoph Writes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...