"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Monday, March 26, 2012

Humbling Experiences: An Honor & Privilege To Speak At The DC Justice Rally For Trayvon Martin (VIDEO)


Wow!  The DC Justice Rally For Trayvon Martin on this past Saturday, March 2012, was absolutely amazing!  And to think that it was put together in 4 days by 4 young African American women...nothing short of phenomenal.  I had the privilege and the honor of sharing/delivering the poem ("Who Will Cry For The Little Boy, Trayvon Martin?")  I wrote for Trayvon Martin.  To be standing in front of Disrict Building on 14th & Pennsylvania where they had to block off majority of the street/block because there were so many people, and deliver a poem that that really hit home for me, was UNBELIEVABLE! I stood at the top of those stairs in astonishment.  There were thousands of people, not hundreds like the media told you, of ALL NATIONALITIES AND AGES.  In my head, I'm thinking, I am literally apart of history in the making.  I couldn't wrap my mind around it.  The people were so adamant about who and why they were supporting.  To see all of the children in attendance, holdig up their skittles, tea, and signs for protest was so surreal for me.

I just kept saying to myself, "God is up to something!"

Until next time...continue to fight for JUSTICE! NO JUSTICE...NO PEACE...LITERALLY!!!

Christoph Writes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...