"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Friday, March 23, 2012

Engaging Engagements: I've Been Asked To Speak At The DC Justice Rally For Trayvon Martin


I am honored to say that I have been asked to deliver the poem, "Who Will Cry For the Little Boy, Trayvon Martin," at the  Justice Rally in Downtown, DC at Freedom Plaza on 14th & Pennsylvania Ave, NW.  it will be held Saturday, March 24, 2012, this Saturday.  You are asked to wear all black and/or a hoodie. 

I truly feel blessed and humbled to be asked to present my expression of how I feel about the Trayvon Martin case.  This is, indeed, a defining moment in my life and in my writing career.  I put my heart into this poem because I can't help but to think about the world my future children will be born into.  It's really scary how you think times have changed and then tragedies like this occur.

The world can be a cruel place sometimes...BUT God is still good and He is still in control!  If you're in DC on Saturday, please come by and support the cause because it effects us all no matter what.

Until next time...GET INVOLVED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...