"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Discussions of Success: How Do You Know You're Waiting On God the Way HE Wants You To Wait?

Am I truly leaning on God while I wait on Him to open the next door in my life?  This is just me taking an honest inventory of myself.  I am confident that I am being obedient by excericing patience.  The quarrel I have with waiting on God is understanding the thin line between actively waiting and getting in God's way by trying to make things happen on my own.  Take my situation for instance.  I feel that it is time for a career change because where I currently work, it feels like more of a job and less of a career.  Don't get me wrong...I appreciate having a job in this unstable economy and I thank God every day for blessing me with the affordability to pay my bills and stay above water drowning waters.  At the same time though, being the progressive thinker/dreamer that I am, I know that more is possible.  I know that having a career that promotes upward mobility is feasible.  And I believe that while you wait on God you must do your part... but I struggle with determining whether or not I have gone past actively waiting" and entered into "getting in God's way." 

I can go on and on about this but I want to hear from some friends and family.  I know for sure that  many people feel the same way I feel right now.  You may not be waiting on a new job/career like a lot of us are, but it may be that you're waiting on God to send you a significant other or you may be waiting on God to make a way for you to purchase a house or a car.  Some married couples are trying to conceive a child and are waiting on God make their dream come true. 

How do you know that you are waiting the way that God wants you to wait?  Through this discussion, we all may learn a more EFFECTIVE way of waiting on God.

Until next time... until God opens that next door for you, praise Him in the hallway!

Christoph Writes...

2 comments:

  1. Bro. Jenkins, I hear you loud and clear. As we wait on the Lord and exercise our faith, I believe that it is important that we not expect the opportunity to drop in our lap. James tells us (not me, the one in the bible :)) that faith without works is dead. I truly believe you can find ways to exercise your area of gifting and your passion so that it doesn't get stagnant while still doing what you need to so you can provide for your family. If God has you on a path to stretch you, He is setting you up for it now. He is preparing you for whatever the next step is. Continue to be prayerful, seeking the Lord through the scriptures and fasting and His answers will come more readily. Sometimes we have to get out of our proverbial "boats" and flirt with DESTINY. We just have to be mindful to keep our eyes on Christ and not the situations around us. Let's continue to pursue greatness together...for the kingdom sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you vey much, bro. I appreciate your comment/insight. It's always a good feeling receiving wisdom from your firends/family who are exercising their gifts. I take heed to your words and I'm sure others do too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...