"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Passion 4 Christ: Jesus Take the Wheel... As It Relates To My Career


Long time no post!  My apologies for this recent hiatus from the blogosphere.  I believe God has been training and preparing me for my upcoming career transition and I honestly say I can appreciate the exercise.  There are periods and seasons in our lives when we should be able to recognize when God requests that we humbly let go of the steering wheel and relinquish control of our lives.  There have been times when I have been reluctant to give God complete control of my life but I eventually got so tired of trying to manage and control my own life, that I was actually relieved to hand it over to God. I think for me, I began to really focus on His track record in my life.  There hasn't been one time where he has failed me.  I'm going on 30 years this coming October and to know that time and time again God has fought and won every battle on my behalf is amazing to me.  This is why I delightfully allow God to steer me in the direction He wants me to go.  Psalm 37:4 says it simple and plain... "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."  God knows that I have dreams and aspirations but at the same time I know that if I just parallel my goals with His plans for my life... WOW!  I can't can only imagine where He'll take me!


Some people are reluctant to give God control of their lives because they don't really believe that His plans for them are actually better than their own. But the truth is that the Lord created us with specific plans and purposes in mind, and there's simply no way we could improve upon them. I like the way one godly man put it: "God will choose for you what you would choose for yourself, if you had enough sense to choose it." Scripture says: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord,' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

 Prayer: Lord, I'm tired of being in control of my life. Today, I surrender my whole self to You, and I ask that You help me to fulfill my God-given purpose and potential. Teach me how to do my part by seeking Your guidance and grace daily through prayer and the reading of Your Word. Thank You that Your promise is true--"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"! (1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV)

Until next time... allow God to take control and watch Him work!

Reference 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...