"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In Pursuit of Passion: The Beginning of My Journey!

My excitement for life has recently been enhanced by something that I have found and been searching for ever since my age was a single digit.  I found my passion!  I'm 29 now and I am just now coming to the realization that WRITING is my passion.  I have been writing ever since I was in grade school.  It's funny, my memory can be weird sometimes because I don't remember a lot of things that I should remember about my childhood, but the few things I do remember shock people.  My memory shocks people because it is so selective and specific.  I remember the first time I was introduced to writing...it was in first grade.  I do not remember my teacher's name but I do remember that she assigned us a very elaborate assignment.  We had to create and design a poetry book from scratch!  When I say from scratch, I mean we had to build the book from nothing.  Everything that a book possessed we had to include it.  And I remember so vividly how excited I was.  Why was I so excited? I don't know!  I had never constructed a book before...let alone written poetry.  
Long story short, my excitement replaced my fear of failure.  From what I remember, I believe I started writing first but I had never written a poem before.  So guess what I did...I went and checked out one of Langston Hughes' poetry books and went to work.
I utilized a lot of his style of writing and began to write about what children go through.  Looking back at it now, I'm not to sure what we went through ...din't have any bills to pay, lol.  Even still, I think I must've wrote about 10 poems.
Then I began building the book.  I think I cut out one piece of cardboard from a sturdy box and slightly bent it in the middle.  I then took a nice size piece of blue felt fabric and and glued it to the cardboard to cover every inch of it.  It looked good if I must say so myself, lol.  As I was constructing the book, I kept in mind that I had to think of a title.  And I don't know how I came up with it but I played around with the word, POETRY and thought of this title, "The Leaves From My Poet Tree."  To this day, I believe the title alone convinced my teacher to give me an A+.  Well, I take that back because my book was pretty nice.  I included the table of contents, dedication...to my mom of course, lol, preface, title page, that little random blank page in the front, everything!

Needless to say, I was somewhat of a nerd...but a cool nerd, lol.  No, seriously!  I had friends!  BOTTOM LINE! ...that was the first time I ever wrote and created creatively (:.  As this blog progresses, I'll share with you all of what I have experienced and pursued in discovery of my passion.  So I encourage you to encourage me (by commenting & conversing with me) to continue on with my journey...because the journey does not end with you finding your passion.  Actually, the journey just begins.  The pursuit of your passion is simply the preface to your journey.  And you never know, by you encouraging me to carry on with my journey, the laws of reciprocity just might sway in your favor and help you in the pursuit of your passion.

I encourage comments and shares...lets me know I can count on your support of my journey!

Until next time ...I'll holla!

Christoph Writes...



2 comments:

  1. When did u realize writing was ur passion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, Sam, I'm going to write about that next. Log into the blog on the right side of the blog with your google account, it'll alert you when I post it. That should be a good post.

    Thanks, champ! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...