"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you."

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In Pursuit of Passion: Commit To Your Passions Daily!

Consistency is a vital component to the upkeep and promotion of your passion.  I make this statement because while writing for an audience, I write to encourage and inspire myself as well.  I love writing!  "I write to strategically sort out the many thoughts that fill my mental. I make sure that I have a pad and pencil handy most of the time to ensure that I jot down the potential literary brainstorms that are my thoughts."  HOWEVER, sometimes I get lazy.  At times, I get discouraged. From time to time, I experience pockets of low self-esteem as it relates to progression in my writing.  I'm human.  I have imperfections and insecurities like everyone else.  I wonder why my blog traffic and amount of comments on my posts aren't as high as I think it should be.  Traffic and comments are the currency of the blogging world.  Naturally, bloggers want people to read their blogs ...but I thank God for sending me constant reminders that bring to my attention the real reasons why I write. 

Right when the spirit of laziness came upon me, I was in the process of  checking my mentions on twitter.  For those of you who are not twitter literate or "twiterate", mentions are when people mention you in a tweet.  I was mentioned in a tweet from "The Poetry Daily" an online magazine that features the TOP daily blog posts.  On yesterday, I was featured for having the top poetry post for the poem, "Confessions of a Contrite Heart."  I felt so honored and surprised.  God amazes me on a daily basis so I think it is important to commit to being passionate about the gifts God has given us. 

If you have been fortunate enough to discover your passion and have the fortitude to pursue it, don't ever let it go.  Don't ever release it from your grasps.  Life can sometimes distract us from the pursuit of our passions.  We all have priorities.  The question is, where on our list of priorities is our passion or is our passion even on our list?    We must commit to our passions daily..  Committing to your passions on a daily basis re-ignites the fire we have for the gifts God has bestowed upon us.  If you have a slow leak in your passion, remember to recommit to it daily.  This will serve as a plug to your leak.

Until next time ...continue to pursue your passions and commit to them daily!

Christoph Writes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using either Facebook or Blogspot. Either way, leave a comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...